Fundamentals of Billing to Get You Started Today!
Date recorded: May 30th, 2020
Length: 1 hour 55 minutes
Purchase includes lifetime access to the recording
Approved for 2 NCCAOM PDAs
*All net proceeds go to the The Oklahoma Society of Acupuncture and Asian Medicine and supports their efforts to get licensure in Oklahoma!
This webinar covers what you need to know to properly bill insurance companies for Acupuncture services, from start to finish. Credentialing and applying to carriers, definitions of commonly used insurance company words, plan types, obtaining verification, timely filing, charting, billing, and important insurance company rules are all covered. While this is not a coding webinar, some coding to get you started will be covered, particularly treatment codes and understanding evaluation & management (E&M) codes.
*Understand the on-boarding process – credentialing, applying to carriers, plan types
*Understand how co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, and out of pockets max all play a role in coverage
*Learn what is required with billing – verification of coverage, charting, timely filing
*Understand how the process of coding and submitting bills
- Go over where you credential
- EnrollHub vs Proview
- What documents you will need
- How long it takes
Applying to Carriers
- In or out-of-network
- What are the major carriers?
- Out-of pocket max
- Examples of how these work together
- How they work if you are in or out of network
- The metal catagories
- Other plans
BREAK (live version)
- Card with number on the back
- Checking online vs calling
- Questions to ask
- What is timely filing?
- What happens if I miss my deadline?
- Health history
- Chief complaint
- Review of systems
- Past, family, and social history
- How to document
- E&M codes
- How to know which codes to use
- Modifier needed -25
- Procedure codes
- Bill for what you do
- How to bill for cupping, tuina, etc.
- What about the new codes coming out?
Insurance tricks you need to know
- How to know which of 2 policies to bill first
- The birthday rule when it comes to kids
- Medicare and supplements -gy modifier
- Putting it all together on paper
- Taking it to the digital age
- Checking up on claims
- How to get reimbursed faster
Toni Twitty is a 2013 Graduate of The Academy for Five Element Acupuncture in Gainesville, Florida and has been practicing since 2013. Toni currently practices in Edmond, OK. She has a variety of experience in health care and business. Toni offers insurance billing webinars through Clear Path to raise money for The Oklahoma Society of Acupuncture and Asian Medicine, where she is currently a board member and, along with many other members of the society, working very hard to pass an acupuncture licensure bill. Toni’s dedication and tireless effort to improve the acupuncture profession is reflected in her offering these webinars through Clear Path to raise money to help get licensure in Oklahoma.